Thursday, July 16, 2009

I like batting!



Its nice to know clever people. Sometimes you learn things at the most unexpected of moments - like sitting at my desk yakking to Princess Cherry Pie about eyelashes.

I thought that I probably knew a reasonable amount about eyelashes. Well, as reasonable as you could expect from somebody who is essentially lazy when it comes to makeup/facials/pampering etc. Check out my eyebrows in the following photos - more than 'a few strays' there I'm afraid.

A major part of the problem here is that when I look in the mirror, I try not to really look. If I study too closely I see things I'd rather not see, and there's a chance I might never leave the house again...

But that risk has been eliminated for an estimated 4 weeks or so, thanks to Princess Cherry Pie. In fact, at the moment I LOVE looking in the mirror.

Who knew that you could get eyelash extensions??!

Not me. Apparently its what the celebrities do to make sure they have lovely long lashes to bat on the red carpet. And all this time I thought these stars had simply been blessed as babies by the eyelash God in a way that I was not.

So, last Friday I skipped off to see Vanessa at Princess Cherry Pie to get me some lashes. Here is a picture of me in the car just outside her place. (Mobile phone camera - not great but all I had.)

Yep, you can see that I had fairly normal looking eyelashes at that point. There I was, makeup free and smiling because I knew I was about to be transformed into a ravishing beauty with eyelashes that I could bat. And bat...

And bat.

What followed was a relaxing 1 hour 20-ish, where I laid down with my bottom eyelashes taped down and out of the way (yep, that part felt a little unusual), while Ness one by one extended my eyelashes by about double I think. One at a time she slid a new longer lash over my existing lash and stuck it there - about 20 on each eye I believe.

After a tense moment when I thought my eyes may have forgotten how to open, they did in fact open. And when I looked in the mirror I saw this:

Loooooooooooooooooong lashes!! Woo hoo!!!

They feel fantastic - I forget they are even there until Hilly next door stares at me strangely for 5 minutes solid. She is so jealous of my eyelashes, he he. And there is so much batting fun to be had. Phew, I am worn out by all the batting I have undertaken over the past six days!

And I've loved every minute of it.

Community Health Warning: Eyelash extensions may be addictive - I don't know that I could go on without them....

Thank you Vanessa for boosting the self esteem of my rather average eyelashes. They think you are wonderful, as do I.

"Princess Cherry Pie, people! You know you want to!"

Jen x

Oooh! By the way, Vanessa is a Bride-to-be (yay!) and has a fantastic pre-wedding blog. Take a peak, its so cute!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Eye-lash extensions are ridiculously addictive. Don't make the mistake I did... after 3 months of extensions I got cocky and started to think my own lashes weren't too bad. Um, wrong, wrong, wrong!
    Short and stumpy lashes just like they were before- Darn it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sooooo jealous of your eyelashes. I want some and I feel that I'll be calling on Ness very, very soon.

    ReplyDelete