Monday, May 11, 2009

What is your thing?

I've heard it said that the key to success is getting better every day, bit by tiny bit.

I get it.

What matters aren't the big one-offs, but rather the little incremental steps we make every day that drive us towards reaching our goals. Whatever they happen to be.

What was your thing today?


My thing for today was to ride my spin bike for 30 minutes before work this morning. I really want to be a fit person - fitter person. Despite this I can easily go for days without doing anything to make this happen. So the bike was my thing for today.

Thirty minutes cycling? Big deal!


No Grasshopper! It doesn't have to be a big deal. Remember, getting better every day, bit by tiny bit. It would only be a big deal if I had done nothing, taken no steps - thats a big deal.

Sadly the rest of my evening requires me to do other 'things' that are a little more basic - paying bills, banking, ironing. The list goes on, so I must sign off now and get on to some of my less meaningful but equally important 'things'.

Jen x

PS: Two more thoughts to ponder:

  1. "Small steps lead to high mountains".
  2. "Never eat yellow snow!"





1 comment: