Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Its been how long??

Sorry.
Its just that...
There's been a lot....
The kids were...
My ironing pile was...

Sigh.

All I can say is that it has been far too long since I last updated my blog. You surely can't be any more disappointed in my efforts than me. Boo!

I have been doing quite a bit of gardening though. Its an annual cycle really. During the heat of the summer as I watch my plants shrivel up and cling to life by their fingertips (yes I know plants don't really have fingertips - or even fingers) I become sad and more than a little despondent about the whole gardening thing. During those months I can't tell you how many times I utter disgustedly under my breath "What is the point?".

But then it happens.

The days become cool but not cold. We receive a teeny bit of rain.


I see GREEN SHOOTS appearing in places I thought were a-goner! And flowers too!

Its about now that my memories of scorched plants and water running straight off hyprophobic soil all but vanish. Suddenly I am full of gardening optimism and can't wait to get busy doing gardening 'stuff' once again. Here is one of my new projects:


Its a fairly simple policy that I am working by at the moment: if a plant is in my garden and looks good right now (ie. at the end of a HOT summer), I want to plant more of this plant. If it is in my garden and it is sick or dead - FORGET IT!

These guys look pretty happy:



Yep, I bought more of them!

I also planted this fella:



He's a new entrant to the garden so we'll just have to see how he goes.

Will do my best work on blog updates from now on - really.

Jen x

1 comment:

  1. Jen, your energy exhasts me ! need to take a nap now...

    ReplyDelete