Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Introducing Union Jack

He's an international man of mystery. From Monday to Friday he's an engineer and office bod, but on the weekends he's all things outdoors - wood cutter, builder, golfer, cricketer, swing pusher, sand castle builder, Husband, Daddy. He travelled approximately 16,960 kilometres in 2003 to settle in sunny Melbourne. A farmer's son. A rugby union fan. A beer drinking, cricket loving Pom. And I married him - he's Union Jack.



Union Jack is vaguely aware of my new found blogging hobby - the place next to him on the couch of an evening has been oddly cool and unoccupied quite a lot over the past few weeks. However, I don't think he has actually looked at SJFTB (Still Jenny From The Blog) yet. As such I might get away with rather a lot here without Union Jack ever finding out...
But I wont.

Its not right - is it? Hmmm.
I think Its more fun this way. But that's because its me, and he's Union Jack. So here he is:

I snapped Union Jack's Blundstone boots shortly before a wood cutting expedition to Granny Annie's house. More about the recent events at Granny Annie's place will be coming soon. For now all we need to know is that when a bulldozer hastily pushes a fire break through your property as bushfires rage in the vicinity lots of trees come down, and after the bushfire threat is gone there's LOTS of fire wood for winter!
By the way, sorry for the looong gap between posts. I was experiencing a few technical hitches, but that is all I can say about it because I am now trying to block the memories of my utter frustration DEEP in my subconscious. You know how it is...
Thanks for reading,
Jen x

No comments:

Post a Comment