Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Green and Purple Hammers

G'day,

I don't know about you, but from time to time I kind of like playing the game where I try to guess what my offspring might become when they grow up. In the quieter moments of our day together I have been known to consider job titles such as Author, Food Critic, or Couch Potato for Hatchling No.1. Today however, Terrorist, Stuntman or WWF Wrestler seemed somehow closer to the mark. But thats a whole other story for another day...

Today I want to tell you about Hatchling No.2. A couple of weekends ago, as his Daddy and Grandpa worked feverishly to lay the floor in our new little extension, Hatchling No.2 provided me with a few clues as to what he might aspire to in future years.

Well, kind of.

Hatchling No.2 hasn't yet become a Bob the Builder zombie (you know in the cartoons when somebody is brainwashed their eyes spiral round and round? I'm sure I've seen that happen at my place). Nevertheless, the louder the hammers banged that day the closer Hatchling No.2 insisted on getting to the action.



Er... I don't think sucking your hammer while you think is the behaviour of a fair dinkum serious builder - is it?

Is it?

Then again, what would I know?

It does look pretty cute. Check out those elephant slippers - why don't they come in adult sizes? And while we're talking about cute:



Guess who discovered he loves Easter eggs?


Sigh. There just aren't enough green and purple hammers with smiley faces in the world.

God bless the little Hatchlings.


Jen x

PS: This is what the floor turned out like. Go Union Jack and Grandpa - it looks just like a bought one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment