Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Strange occurences

Da-da Da-da Da-da Da-da da da da:

"I feel the earth, move, under my feet..." - sing it Carole!

You might well be wondering what I am on about here - or if you too are in Melbourne, maybe not.

At around 4.30 this afternoon most of Melbourne did feel the earth move, as we experienced our second EARTH TREMOR in two weeks. What's going on?

Here's my account: I'm at work merrily paddling in a kitchen sink full of soap suds when the building starts gives an almighty creak. "Oooh!" my colleagues and I exclaimed oh so eloquently. Then before we knew it we were shaking and moving a bit - similar to the feeling when you are on the train maybe (??) How strange!

And yet its not the only strange thing to happen around here recently.


  • Obviously there was the first earth tremor on 6th March - my first ever and it freaked me out!

  • Prior to that were the dreadful bushfires across a large part of Victoria. God bless all those who were affected, may we never see another day like February 7th 2009.

  • On a lighter note a wallaby and her Joey appear to have taken over my garden, and quite frankly my place just isnt rural enough to find roo poo at the front door - but we did.
  • Hatchling No.1 slept in so late this morning that I had to wake him in order to get him to childcare and me to work on time. Why doesn't that ever happen on a home day?!

I wonder if Mother Nature is currently going through a rebellious phase? Hmmm, it sounds to me like somebody needs some Cadbury Dairy Milk to soothe the soul. Or maybe a Snickers - the all time greatest chocolate bar ever (so far). Hmmmmmmm.

No! Quick, think of something else... Stop it! I'm not eating ANY chocolate tonight. Not even one of those yummy teeny weeny Cadbury eggs I bought for the kids...

Huh! Me not eating chocolate for a whole 24-hour period - yet another strange occurence to add to the list. Or will I?

Jen x

PS: Here's the map showing where the tremor's epicentre was located - in case you're interested in that sort of thing.





No comments:

Post a Comment