Wednesday, June 30, 2010

One more photo - that's it!

I often feel like a member of the paparazzi. Okay, so I only photograph my family, friends, trespassing wildlife, garden and whatever other ridiculousness I can find that will stand still long enough - but I feel it all the same. Why? Because the Hatchlings really know how to deliver the 'disgruntled celebrity' treatment when they've had enough of my camera.

Oh yes, they can turn on a dime, these little Hatchlings. One minute they can be gazing into the bay with a satisfied grin...


And then they realise you've captured the moment and their mood sours somewhat.

Okay, so maybe taking those last few irresistable snaps at the end of a long day out was a mistake on my part, but how could I resist this?

And just when I think Hatchling No.1 might be cool with it I get this:

Translation: "One more photo Mum, and NO MORE!!!!!!!!"

The Hatchlings rarely care if the light is amazing, or the scenery inspirational. They mostly like taking photos of their feet, given the chance. They leave me with no other option: I simply become a papparazzo. Sigh...

Note: Will somebody please insist that I cut this child's hair a little more often from now on?!

Thanking you in advance,

Jen x

No comments:

Post a Comment