Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Camping along the Goulburn River

As I mentioned in a previous post - Union Jack, The Hatchlings and I planned a camping trip for our summer holidays. Well, we've been, we've camped, we've conquered the wild outdoors of Acheron... and it was FANTASTIC!!

This is what our campsite looked like:

And when I sat outside on my ever-so-comfortable camping chair with a hot cup of tea in the morning - this is what I saw:


The Hatchlings enjoyed staring out at the beautiful vista too. Here they are at breakfast time, just chillin'.

When The Hatchlings weren't chillin', they were particularly keen on strolling down to the water's edge and launching as many stones as they could lay their hands on into the river. It might be genetic - I like throwing stones into the river too!

Every morning, usually between 10.30 and 12.00 we took to the tennis court with our lovely friends who were camping with us. No, change that - really we were camping with them. It was their camping trip - we just decided to gate crash!

Hatchling No.1 was more interested in the post tennis swim than the tennis itself. He lolled about under the shade of a beautiful gum tree while we sweated it out.

And the experience wouldn't have been complete without cricket...

Hatchling No.2's fielding ability was compromised only by his love of wearing his hat down LOW.

Hey! Who snuck in a photo of me? I'm the one who is found BEHIND the camera, remember?!
We were both caught at a weak moment - I facing the wrong end of the camera, Hatchling No.2 with his hat flipped up...

In the evening we had a campfire (of course!). Huh, who would have thought a group of little boys would be interested in a bucket full of cold ashes, and soot, and dust, and black stuff??

It's a mystery to me - you know, being a girl and everything...

It's official, we love camping. I don't know when the next camping adventure will be, but I hope it isn't too long to wait!

Jen xx

No comments:

Post a Comment