Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Hatchling No.2 - Secrets Revealed

One of Hatchling No.2's most endearing features is his 'blokiness'. Even at two years and four months old he is rugged. Motorbikes, trailers and rubbish trucks are his passion, and he can't get enough of hanging around with the men in his life. Especially Union Jack.

Hatchling No.2 is a Bloke - in a cute little two-year-old way.

Well, when I say he's a bloke - maybe not completely so. He currently has another passion that I didn't mention. A slightly less blokey passion than trailers and motorbikes. It is, um, it's - well...

It's pink glittery nail polish.

While he is keen to have the full nail polish experience (you know, ten fingers and ten toes - all hot pink with glitter), we negotiated down to just his big toes. It is summer. He wears sandals a lot. Union Jack may otherwise have conniptions - he's only just holding it together over the whole-hot-pink-nail-polish-with-glitter affair.

To the unsuspecting eye, Hatchling No.2 is truly a man's man. A robust, noisy, competitive, verbose, wonderful, gorgeous, solid, delightful little creature. My sister Patty has called him the "Besser Block" since he was about 3 weeks old. My other sister, Selma, believes he may be a future Australian rugby star...

Maybe he will feature in "So you think you can dance - 2025 series".

"With modern dance his chosen genre, and pink nail polish his chosen footwear, please welcome to the So You Think You Can Dance Stage - Hatchling No.2!!!"

Between you and me, I think his little pink sparkly toenails are one of the cutest things I've ever seen. He can paint his toenails pink until he is 103 and I may even encourage him to do so! I guess the nail polish obsession will pass...

For me it will be a sad day!

Jen x

No comments:

Post a Comment